SMIYAN SVITLANA IVANIVNA
DSc, Medicine (Rheumatology), Mykola Strazhesko Ukrainian Research Institute of Cardiology, Ukraine, 1996.
DSc thesis: Initial Stages of Primary Osteoarthrosis: Mechanisms of Development, Clinic, Diagnosis, Treatment (Clinical Experimental Study).
PhD, Medicine (Rheumatology), Ternopil State Medical Institute, Ukraine, 1991.
PhD thesis: Correction of Lipid Peroxidation Disorders and Immunological Status in Patients with Primary Deforming Osteoarthritis.
MD (General Medicine), University Diploma with Honours, Ternopil State Medical Institute, Ukraine, 1989.
RESEARCH INTERESTS AND EXPERIENCE
- pathogenesis, diagnosis and treatment of osteoporosis, primary osteoarthritis, gout, systemic connective tissue diseases and systemic vasculitis;
- studying systemic osteoporosis by means of two-photon X-ray densitometry;
- role and prevalence of cardiovascular risk, metabolic changes, kidney and liver disorders in patients with gout, osteoarthritis, ankylosing spondylitis;
- development of approaches to the comorbid conditions correction in rheumatology;
- ultrasound diagnostics, clinical thermodiagnosis and x-ray densitometry;
- pathogenetic connections systematic analyzes of bone disorders in the rheumatic diseases clinic in patients with hematological, nephrological diseases, bronchial asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITY, FELLOWSHIPS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Member of the Organizing Committee for Research and Training Conferences of the Association of Rheumatologists of Ukraine of the National Scientific Center «M. Strazhesko Institute of Cardiology of the National Academy of Medical Sciences of Ukraine»;
- Editorial Board Member of the scientific journals «Ukrainian Rheumatology Journal», «Family Medicine», «Eastern Ukrainian Medical Journal»;
- Head of Ternopil Regional Therapists Society;
- Participant of the ACR/ARHP Annual Meeting, the EULAR Annual Scientific Congresses and Plenums of the Association of Rheumatologists of Ukraine;
- Supervisor of Ternopil region reference database for healthy people bone mineral density.